Saturday, June 24, 2006

My New Blog

Greetings! I thought I would join the wonderful world of blogging. I have so many family members who blog or have their own websites, so I'm feeling like I need to join the club. So don't be shy and let me know you are out there and reading! I hope you enjoy...

p.s. I decided to be "Bridge Girl" because, as a lot of you know, I have a strange fascination with bridges. I do happen to be a bridge engineer, but even if I wasn't I'd still think they were awesome.

7 comments:

Topher said...

Got sucked in, huh? Goodbye productivity, hello wondering where the last hour and a half went.

Jenny said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you have a blog now. Let's get everyone to have a blog.

Anonymous said...

I told some others that I thought I ought to do a blog because there were things I wanted to comment about. Someone said, "Like what?" I said, "How people don't know how to make garage sale signs and how drivers don't know how to use four-way stops, and I went on and on." The person said, "You could call your blog, 'Grumpy Old Man.'" So I decided not to do a blog!

Topher said...

Pop - From the marketing guy, how about "Opinionated AARP Member" instead of "Grumpy Old Man"?

Anonymous said...

I'm excited you have a blog, Susan. It makes my day when I can ready something one of my chillans has written. You know Pop and I live our lives through all of you now! I've always wanted to write one of the "My Turn" columns in Newsweek magazine.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog design... so cute!
PS: POP, I have to agree with you on the garage sale signs. Tom and I always scoff at the "bad" garage sale signs and we have actually discussed how we would make the "perfect" garage sale sign. hahaha We are such nerds.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I renewed my AARP membership this week! Not sure why, but I always think I will get some great discount. I was looking at rental car discounts the other day. The only companies that honor AARP discounts have rates that are about twice as high as some of the others. So a 10-15 percent discount doesn't do much for you. Oops, I've started one of my "opinionated" blogs! Actually, the AARP publications are very good and worth the modet membership fee. A lot of financial information for near-retirees or retirees.