- This weekend I did more "organizing". Some people think I have a disease (which I do), but I just want to get to a point where I feel that our home is filled with things we regularly use. So far we've cleaned our offices and basement. And I'm currently working on all my crafting supplies and the girls' room. I'm reading a book called "It's All Too Much" that talks a lot about creating a peaceful, clutter-free life. The author is very real and talks a lot about how organizing is not just about buying more bins and boxes to put all of our stuff into. We all want more things, so the biggest challenge to maintaining an organized home is to minimize what you bring IN!
- Saturday I ran 8 miles with Emily. That is the farthest I have ever ran. It felt so good, but did wear me down the rest of the day. I just love the feeling of a morning run. We had upper 40 degree weather and it actually felt very warm by the end. We've run in a lot of weather conditions and we were getting used to the cold. Emily and I are going to do some 5K runs together in March, and then I'll do Bloomsday, and then I'd like to run a half marathon before the end of the summer.
- I went and got a physical a few weeks ago. We have a great doctor (she's actually our age and she grew up in Bozeman and went to MSU for undergrad) and I hadn't gone to the doctor myself in a long time. Everything was great, and I did get my cholesterol checked. Before I had kids, my cholesterol measured borderline high at around 230 and now it measured 157! I thought it would be lower since I have generally eaten healthier since having children, but that much lower really shocked me. Although after last week's Valentines treats, it may have gone up. Chocolate is so good....
- And finally, I got a new laptop computer for work, and have finally got it all set up. When you work for a small company, YOU become the technical department! So I have definitely learned a lot about software and networking (with Kurt's help, of course). I love my new computer though, it's so much faster and the graphics are great for my drafting.
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Here's a few things I have been up to:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I don't think organizing is a disease. I think disorganization is -- and I have it. And your drop in cholesterol is fantastic.
Your eight mile run inspired me to run one mile today. I need to catch up with you guys. And that organizing book sounds like something I would love. I think I'll go check it out.
Susan, great running, great chlorestal check.
We held a "shop & swap" last Sat. About 20 people brought what they were going to discard, and anyone could take what they wanted. It was really fun and helped everyone get a little bit more organized. There were a couple of women who really needed some items for their apartments so that helped them. The excess went to Good Will & the Rescue Mission.
Post a Comment