Saturday, February 23, 2008

This morning, I got OUTside for a run for the first time in two months. YEAH! How refreshing that was. This is what I thought:

  • It is really nice to see the sidewalks. After several huge snowstorms this year, our snow is finally melting and the roads and sidewalks are mostly bare. I actually did enjoy some of the snow this season (except driving in it), but I was missing getting outdoors for some fresh air. I'm really looking forward to that 1st day of sunshine and 70 degrees.
  • OK people, time to get those Christmas decorations inside. I saw 3 plastic Santas and a whole herd of reindeer still on a roof (do you think they were lost?). I'll give you until Feb. 1 to get your decorations down, but after that I will make fun of you!
  • I call my run this morning the "Ireland Run" because I run on Limerick and Shamrock Drives. Didn't see any leprechauns though. Did you know that St. Patricks Day is 6 days before Easter this year?
  • I also run on Sonora Street which makes me think of my family in California - I sure miss them all.
  • Some people should not go outside to pick up their newspaper in their robes. (I saw two this morning). Maybe nobody should.
  • I love running, it makes me H-A-P-P-Y!

3 comments:

Maria H. Andersen said...

The sun is out here too today - Joel ventured out for a run too.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for sunshine. Was 60 degrees in Billings today.

Topher said...

Oh well isn't it nice for all of you? Just kidding, the Kansas heat is just a few months away, and then we'll be longing for single-digit temps again. Sounds like a nice run.