Thursday, October 12, 2006

ARE YOU LEFT OR RIGHT BRAINED?

OK, this test will determine just how "creative" you are. I'm right down the middle which surprised me a little bit. I like these little tests, I think I may post a new one each week! Tune in for more...


You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained

The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

8 comments:

Tom said...

*** I am 40% Left Brained, 60% Right Brained***
I find this fairly accurate, although I do prefer dogs but don't really enjoy creative writing, unless commenting on blogs is considered creative writing.

The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports. (I do like these three things)

Anonymous said...

I am 60% left brained, and 40% right brained. Somewhat accurate, somewhat not accurate.

Topher said...

AArgh. More stinkin' numbers. I'm not jokin', but Tom and I scored the same (40% left, 60% right). My theory is that he had help on the math quiz (10/10, huh Tom? Pretty "creative").

Topher said...

By the way, Suz, these are fun. When I was taking my creativity test, there was a Hillbilly Name Generator (http://www.blogthings.com/hillbillynamegenerator/). Although mine isn't that great (General Walker), Pop's is downright hilarious...you ready fo dis? ...Mark Andersen, if living in the Ozarks, would be known as...Bubba Clementine...

Jenny said...

I'm 75% left brained and 25% right brained. I would say this is pretty accurate. The question about having the same thing to eat every Friday was funny to me, because I was just thinking the other day about how it would be cool to make a calendar of dinner meals for a year and eat the same thing on a certain day month after month. (like always having lasagne on the third Monday of the month.) These are just some of the weird left brained things I think about all day long.

Susan said...

Jenny, your food comment made me laugh! Because this is exactly what I'm doing. I made a menu for the month of October and will repeat every month (with some minor changes). So this is probably pretty left-brained huh?
I love it though because then I don't have to rack my brain to decide what is for dinner!

Anonymous said...

I am 35% left brained, 65% right brained which seems about right for me. Pop and I laughed about the question whether you could remember faces or names better--we can't remember either one!

Anonymous said...

I am 40% left and 60% right. The one question that threw me was, "Are you more musical or mathematical." I am really neither, but since I would rather listen to music than math problems being read, I chose "musical." Last night we watched a movie called "Proof," about math geniuses (with Anthony Hopkins, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jake Gyllenhaal). These were REALLY right-brained people. I really liked the movie (right brain?). But it was about the psychological make-up/emotion behind the people (left brain?).